FORUMS: list search recent posts

has anyone tried to use a portable dvd player as a monitor

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mc 1
has anyone tried to use a portable dvd player as a monitor
by
on Oct 31, 2005 at 1:58:22 am

i'm looking for a cheap solution for a monitor while filming, so if anyone has and would like to share, please tell me how it worked and what model you used. thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: has anyone tried to use a portable dvd player as a monitor
on Nov 1, 2005 at 2:48:58 am

We use the Go-Video DP8440 8 1/2" of screen and decent picture.

SW

Return to posts index

mc 1
question for you steve
by
on Nov 1, 2005 at 7:08:29 pm

Hey Steve,

would any portable dvd player work as a monitor, as long as they have the composite video cables (i think that's what they're called, the red white yellow)

when i looked at some portable dvd players online, it looks like they have the input jacks for those cables but not out-going.

also, do they work in 16x9? i am planning on shooting in stretch mode on my dvx100a. you're feedback would be appreciated. thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: question for you steve
on Nov 2, 2005 at 4:47:04 am

On the one that I mentioned, it has 1/8" pin video and audio ports and a switch that makes them innies or outies. The screen is a 8.5" 16x9 which would be perfect for your stretched video.

Pretty nice little unit for the bucks. Most that have inputs are hundreds more. Circuit City is supposed to carry them. We buy through a distribution house that has discontimued the Go-Video line for some political reason. Go-Video's stuff is made by Samsung.

Anything else? Oh, the batteries are not so good. Have something else available.

Steve Wargo

Return to posts index

mc 1
Re: question for you steve
by
on Nov 6, 2005 at 1:34:14 am

thanks alot steve.

Return to posts index

tony salgado
Re: has anyone tried to use a portable dvd player as a monitor
on Nov 2, 2005 at 4:35:16 pm

The portable dvd player with LCD screens which I have seen are more than the cost of a used 8" JVC TM-91 or Sony 8042 monitor.

Consider buying a used CRT instead.

Tony Salgado

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]