FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does Anyone Have This Problem with the Z1U and Century Optics .6 Wide Converter?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Dillon
Does Anyone Have This Problem with the Z1U and Century Optics .6 Wide Converter?
on Oct 30, 2005 at 4:39:08 am

I noticed that the back focus is way off.
Is this normal?
I zoom out all the way, then put my focus to infinity, and the scene is blurry.
This doesn't happen with the wide converter taken off the camera.

Thanks in advance,
IAn.

Return to posts index

Mitch Gross
on Nov 1, 2005 at 4:08:23 am

Any wide angle converter that sits in front of the lens will shift the focus, but the higher quality (read: more expensive) zoom-through units will shift the focus by a consistent percentage so that focus will hold throughout a zoom even if you are in manual focus. Do you have the cheaper Century (around $250) or the more expensive Century zoom-through (around $650)? No matter what, your autofocus should be able to adjust or there is something seriously wrong here.

Mitch

Return to posts index

Ian Dillon
Re: Does Anyone Have This Problem with the Z1U and Century Optics .6 Wide Converter?
on Nov 1, 2005 at 7:55:40 am

I have the cheaper, single lense, .6 wide.
Again, the description reads that you loose full zoom capability. This is true. The problem is, you also loose the ability to achieve infinite focus by zooming all the way out and twisting the focus ring to infinity. You also loose the ability to keep a subject in focus as they walk towards the camera. It seems this lense is only good for shots in which you are not doing any zooming and there is no subject moving to and fro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]