FORUMS: list search recent posts

24p 2:3 pulldown: Is it OK for DVD _and_ TV broadcast?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter DeCrescenzo
24p 2:3 pulldown: Is it OK for DVD _and_ TV broadcast?
on May 8, 2005 at 5:08:49 pm

I think I understand (?) most of what's discussed concerning 24p 2:3 standard pulldown vs. 24p 2:3:3:2 advanced pulldown in the following thread in the COW's DVX100a forum:
http://tinyurl.com/c47ru

... and I've also read Adam Wilt's info on the subject on his website, but I'm a bit unclear about how to handle the following situation:

Is shooting in 24p 2:3 standard pulldown mode appropriate if the primary distribution will be via both broadcast TV _and_ DVD (no film-out)?

If it matters, this will primarily concern NTSC.

Advice & comments appreciated,

- Peter

Just a friendly reminder to all: Please consider filling-in your COW user profile information so we have a better idea who you are, where you're from, and so forth. It's the friendly thing to do. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ryan
Re: 24p 2:3 pulldown: Is it OK for DVD _and_ TV broadcast?
by
on May 29, 2005 at 6:40:11 am

That would be the correct way to do it if you are not going to film. Then again if you have a lot of effects then I would shoot those shots in 24pA, so that the pulldown can more efficiently be removed and avoid the interlacing issues that may arise.

Return to posts index

Aamir
Re: 24p 2:3 pulldown: Is it OK for DVD _and_ TV broadcast?
on Jun 25, 2005 at 8:05:16 am

Ryan is correct, you should be fine with the 24 with 2:3. Also, if you end up with shots requiring any effects work on, you could remove the 2:3 pullldown out of those shots, do the effects work on them, and then put the 2:3 pulldown back in after the effects work is done on those shots. There are usually tools available in the effects softwares that will let you remove and add the 2:3 pull down to a source clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]