FORUMS: list search recent posts

LED complement to Kino Flo Diva

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
LED complement to Kino Flo Diva
on Mar 28, 2018 at 7:16:38 pm

Remember: there are no stupid questions....

I've been using a Kino Flo Diva to light interviews, but I sometimes need to light both sides, interviewer and interviewee. I've been using tungsten sources inside Chimeras, but for daylight situations, I would like to buy something in LED World that would be somewhat similar to the Diva.

Suggestions are welcome. First thought was Quasar Science-modified Kino's, but I'd like to go cheaper. Has anyone had luck with the Dracast 1000, with either a soft box or barndoor-mounted diffusion?

Thanks.

Bob C.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: LED complement to Kino Flo Diva
on Mar 29, 2018 at 5:25:57 am

Not specifically, but I do like their products. Picked up one of their small LED panels when they were closing them out a few years back.

Here's a quick & dirty test by a friend of mine of one of their fresnel units:

A fraction of the cost of the ARRI L-7. Might give you more flexibilty. More punch that a panel; a harder fresnel when you need it; bounce it or go through a frame when you need to go softer. Nice dim range. Pretty even thoughout the spot/flood range. Very quiet.

The Diva equivs in the LED world are the Kino Celebs. Pretty nice but they're not cheap of course.

Return to posts index

Roger Martinez
Re: LED complement to Kino Flo Diva
on Mar 30, 2018 at 6:39:18 pm

Hi Bob,

do you know these LED panels - http://www.velvetlight.tv - made by VELVETLight?
They are pretty awesome: different sizes, battery supplied, waterproof, ...
Perhaps you can find one that fits your needs.

They are available through several companies in the States: https://www.velvetlight.tv/to-buy-to-rent/?v=buy

Kind regards,

Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]