FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Osram bulbs for Kino Flo Diva

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romeo Cohen
Using Osram bulbs for Kino Flo Diva
on Mar 24, 2018 at 2:24:27 am

Hi Everyone, I just got myself a set of Kino Flo Diva lights. I haven't got any bulbs for it yet. I'm looking for an advice in choosing the right kind of bulbs. I read that the Kino Flo 55W KF55 is having the magenta shift problem especially when dimming. Therefore, I was wondering... Have anyone tried the bulbs made by Osram? Are they better in terms of color accuracy? Please advice.

Kind regards,
Romeo

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Using Osram bulbs for Kino Flo Diva
on Mar 25, 2018 at 4:58:35 am

I believe the Osram's are what we use at Warner Bros. I can find out Monday. In any case, if there was an issue like that that, we'd have certainly heard about it. In spades.

Might you have a link to where you heard or got your information?

Return to posts index

Romeo Cohen
on Mar 26, 2018 at 4:50:17 am

Hi Mark, thank you for your reply!
If you could find out about Osram tubes, I'll really appreciate that! I'm interested to learn about Osram's that are used specifically with the Kino Flo Divas.

Yes, here is the link where I read about Kino Flo Colour Innaccuracy:
http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=64378

However, today I was using the Kino Flo 55W KF55 and the KF29, and I had a chance to check the color performance of these tubes.

It seems to me that KF55 tubes perform very well (in terms of color rendition) when the dimmer is not used.
But when I used the Tungsten (Kino Flo 55W KF29) tubes, it needed a minus green gel, whether the dimmer was used or not.

Basically, I'm curious whether Osram's Tungsten tubes have a better color rendition than the Kino 55W KF29.
Perhaps you or someone in your studio had experience using the Osram's specifically with Kino Flo Divas. If not, then could someone share how they deal with the green spike of the Kino flo tungsten tubes used with the Divas. Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Mar 26, 2018 at 3:26:21 pm

I just spoke with one of our knowledgeable folk at the WB lamp dock and they use the Kno-Flo globes in the Diva's. Kino is literally a 1/2 mile up the street so pretty easy to get.

I know we use the Osram brand with other instruments though so not sure what to tell you.

When you checked the temp on the KF29's, did you check shortly after turning on or did you give them a few minutes to stabilize temperature wise? That could be a factor.

Return to posts index

Romeo Cohen
on Mar 26, 2018 at 5:03:36 pm

Yes, I waited 10 minutes to let them warm up first.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Mar 26, 2018 at 6:47:22 pm

3 mins. or so should be adequate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]