FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large Studio White CYC Grid Lighting

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Coleman McClung
Large Studio White CYC Grid Lighting
on Feb 21, 2018 at 6:09:13 pm

Hey everyone! We're building a 16' x 30' CYC wall with a 45 degree corner in a large studio setting and currently discussing the best way to light it. I know this is a common forum discussion, but it seems like the last few were a ways in the past and I want to make sure emerging tech is taken into account.

We want to go as LED friendly as possible and it seems like just throwing up rows of Geminis is a pretty common approach, or you could hang an even distribution of Spacelights and have broader fill over the wall. Both ways have disadvantages, specifically with the Spacelights you'll have a ton of spill onto your talent/hero props that would take away from unique approaches to lighting your subject differently with every shoot that comes in.

What's the best approach for a larger studio if you're going for the most even lighting possible for the CYC and money is no object? What's best for separating a permanent lighting setup hung from a grid and the lighting that different crews are going to set up for each shoot?

I appreciate any insight.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved