FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bi colored versus daylight LEDs

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris pike
Bi colored versus daylight LEDs
on Jan 13, 2018 at 10:52:18 pm

From my experience, I would argue that bicolored LEDs are not a good use of money. You are better of buying a daylight LED and throwing a CTO gel on it. What is your opinion?

You will get more power with daylight LED + gel than with a bicolored LED adjusted to match.

Also, I don't like working with the knobs on the bicolored LEDs, they are difficult to properly adjust.

Please discuss. Thanks.

ps. I usually warm up the lights on my model, and have cooler (daylight) lights on my background. This why I like to have some warm lights.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Bi colored versus daylight LEDs
on Jan 14, 2018 at 6:55:40 pm

[chris pike] "From my experience, I would argue that bicolored LEDs are not a good use of money. You are better of buying a daylight LED and throwing a CTO gel on it. What is your opinion?

You will get more power with daylight LED + gel than with a bicolored LED adjusted to match."

With incandescent & HMI lights, sure. With LED's, no. A "warm" (i.e. 3200K) LED is manufactured to already be emmiting at that spectrum so you're getting more output that way rather than "throwing away" light by gelling a 5500 LED source. The color temps in between are often just a blending of the two outputs.

[chris pike] "
Also, I don't like working with the knobs on the bicolored LEDs, they are difficult to properly adjust."

Pretty much agree there and that's largely going to be up to the manufactures design.

Return to posts index

leanne lian
Re: Bi colored versus daylight LEDs
on Jan 24, 2018 at 8:47:24 am

budget is a question, but it also depended on the requirement, in which occasion installation, I think bi-color led light is mainly distinguish from RGBW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]