FORUMS: list search recent posts

4 x 4 diffusion tactics to accompany 1200 PAR HMI?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Peacock
4 x 4 diffusion tactics to accompany 1200 PAR HMI?
on Nov 3, 2016 at 2:25:35 pm

Hello all,

I'm expanding the use of my recently acquired Arrisun 12 PAR into various corporate productions, and I want to have it equipped on set with a basic set of light modifiers.

I have the Scrim Jim 4 x 6 cine kit, and was planning to buy 4 x 4 diffusers to work with it, in it's smaller frame configuration. I am going to take a guess that a 1-1/4 stop diffuser would be a basic go-to, but I would like to hear from others about their experience. (this is a relatively powerful light source for me, where most of my past experience has been built around 400 and 125 watt PAR HMI's).

I have a full set of lenses with this PAR head, so I should be able to bring a combination of beam spreader lenses and framed diffusion materials, to provide some flexibility in how I modify the light. While on this subject, I'd be curious to know if some lighting pros also venture into bringing gels on set for this kind of configuration, of whether 4 x 4 is just becoming too large a frame area to hang pieces of gel (I could see applications that would benefit from combinations of frosts, opals, etc).

Grant.

Grant Peacock
Washington DC
GPI TV LLC

http://www.gpi.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]