FORUMS: list search recent posts

CYC Wall Ceiling Height Constraints

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derreck Tomas
CYC Wall Ceiling Height Constraints
on Sep 7, 2015 at 12:34:08 am

I could use some feedback on the probability of constructing a cyc wall inside my house. I can open up the ceiling in one room into the attic to get the height of 14' plus. One concern is a header that drops the ceiling height to 8' at about 13' in the length; the room ceiling height is 9'. The Cyc wall I want to construct would be 8' in width and approximately 12' in height I have included a drawing of the room as a reference.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: CYC Wall Ceiling Height Constraints
on Sep 7, 2015 at 5:05:47 am

Well, what are you planning to shoot? And what about the floor?

Return to posts index

Derreck Tomas
on Sep 7, 2015 at 5:19:24 am

I want to shoot full-length, single portraits. The floor I am open, current ideas are masonite or paint and puddy the existing hardwood to look seamless.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 7, 2015 at 6:52:20 pm

Easy cyc for your needs:

Buy a cheap roll of vinyl sheet flooring: any kind, any color, as long as it has a flat "felt" back side. That side, the part that gets glued down to a floor, you will paint. You trap one end between 2x4 boards with screws, grid-hang, hook, or hang or clamp that to the top of the wall, let it unroll down and make a natural catenary curve. Pre-prime this felt side with Kilz brand white latex water-based primer (NOT OIL BASED!)
Then you can paint white,gray, or chroma green. You get wall and floor and limbo in one go. Save some paint for a couple props like a stool/box and a door frame. And some dowel rods.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]