FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio Lighting - New Small Space Question!

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Craft
Studio Lighting - New Small Space Question!
on May 13, 2015 at 10:56:56 am

Hi

I am opening a small photo studio for products, food, head/body shots, kids and new-borns.

The studio can be any colour I like before I move in. The studio is 15x15 feet.

I was thinking about painting the walls and floor a mid-grey matt to slow any mad reflections in my small studio, and leaving the ceiling white. (just because I believe its artexed and hardwork to paint!)

I am thinking of getting darker drapes or black panels scattered on the side walls also, to create nice shadows and depth if needed.

I will be using a wall mounted roller option for mixed vinyl backdrops, including a true white, black, and a textured.

Can anybody see anything drastically wrong with my choices?, or can suggest a change for any of the above?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Studio Lighting - New Small Space Question!
on May 13, 2015 at 2:20:53 pm

A gray wall is nice because you can light it to look like any color and any brightness level, from white to black. My only suggestion is one gray wall and the other walls black. Gray floor is a good idea too.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on May 13, 2015 at 2:30:19 pm

You said "small" space, but we didn't really get an idea of how small is small... that's important because the smaller the space, the more likely walls and ceiling will be an issue due to bounced or reflected light.

Personally... I prefer all black stages (walls and ceiling) with a gray floor (although that's not what I live in every day, unfortunately I do have a white ceiling). But as long as you have some depth/space between your subjects and your surfaces you should be ok as long as they are a neutral color (make sure the gray is true gray, doesn't have any hint of an actual color to it).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Michael Craft
on May 13, 2015 at 3:54:35 pm

Thanks for your replies, as I originally did say 15x15 feet.

Will find a true grey!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]