FORUMS: list search recent posts

which interview lights?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Linzer
which interview lights?
on Feb 12, 2015 at 5:43:11 pm

Hi, I'm going to do a series of interviews mostly shooting one person. There may be times I'll interview three people at the same time. I was thinking about buying the litepanel 1x1's but saw they now have the Astra 1x1 which they say are 4x brighter with a fan or 2x without. Most of my interviews will be indoors. Any suggestions which light would be better? Is the Astra 1x1 an overkill? Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: which interview lights?
on Feb 12, 2015 at 6:22:34 pm
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Feb 12, 2015 at 6:24:30 pm

Well I wouldn't worry about "overkill" that much with the Astras, as you don't have to "use it all"... they are continuously variable 0-100% with (supposedly) no color shift.

So if that's the only thing to take into account, they would be my choice as they would be more versatile in situations where you might need more firepower... such as when you are combating conditions in an uncontrollable environment with a lot of existing (but ugly) available light... or even for exteriors when you need to give talent a little punch, or a back or side light.

BUT...

There are other considerations. The Astras are a fair little bit more expensive than the regular 1x1 Litepanels. They are also a bit clunkier with that big power module thing in the yoke. And very importantly to me, they are more than twice as heavy as regular Litepanels.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Gary Linzer
Re: which interview lights?
on Feb 12, 2015 at 7:51:12 pm

Thanks that helps. Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]