FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bescor Single LED 200 200w LED lights problem

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Smith
Bescor Single LED 200 200w LED lights problem
on Aug 1, 2014 at 11:04:50 pm

Excuse me if this seems a basic question.

The sales dude at our beloved B&H advised me that a simple, cost effective and portable solution to lighting some very basic interviews in London and other European cities would be to use a Bescor Single LED-200 light.

Here's the link.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/834070-REG/Bescor_LED_200S_LED_200S_1...

I need something that will can use with 240v if needed. This light is rated as being able to switch between 110 and 240.

The thing is it doesn't work. I'm not sure from the B&H website if there is supposed to be a battery with it as it says something about charging. I see no battery or place to put one. The power supply that comes with it is described as an AC/DC adapter.

There were no instructions in the box. So basically I am plugging it in, turning it on and expecting to see light. Am I supposed to charging something? I thought it was just plug it in and turn it on.

Before I try replacing power supplies and pulling the thing apart I want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.

Many thanks for your patience. As always I am running for the airport and dear ol' B&H is closed till Wednesday.

Thanks for all replies.

Return to posts index

Rick Wise
Re: Bescor Single LED 200 200w LED lights problem
on Aug 2, 2014 at 7:04:36 pm

It's hard to tell from B&H or the Bescor web site if you need a battery. It sounds like you should be able to plug the ac adapter into the wall and the other end into the light. I'd suggest you contact Becor's customer service, which is reported by reviewers as being excellent. 631-420-1717. Email: carol@bescor.com

Rick Wise
Cinematographer
MFA/BFA Lighting and Camera Instructor Academy of Art University
San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.RickWiseDP.com

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Aug 7, 2014 at 3:36:28 pm

From reading the specs it appears to me to be an ac powered unit only, using the included transformer. If the transformer is 12V you can probably use any 12V battery pack with a cord with the appropriate connector, probably a coaxial connector. Run time is, of course, dependent on battery capacity and power setting.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com
http://www.rgbmediaservices.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 8, 2014 at 9:53:22 pm

Here are specs from B&H. It definitely has an ac supply, but there's no mention of a battery. And I agree with Joel you could use a properly sized battery with it.

Bulbs 210 10 mm LEDs
Output 200W equivalent
Color Temperature 6,500K
Lux 2200 at 39" (1 m)
Dimmer 15-100%
Mount 1/4"-20 tap
Power 12 VDC input
Draws 1.25 amps at full power
(an AC to DC power adapter comes included. The DC end plugs into the panel and on the AC end is a standard AC wall plug.)
Dimensions 12 x 11 x 1.375" (30.5 x 28 x 3.5 cm)
Stand: 74" (1.9 m)
Weight Stand and panel: approximately: 5.0 lbs (2.25 kg)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]