FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cheap and easy lighting stand bags

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Cheap and easy lighting stand bags
on Apr 16, 2014 at 2:05:28 pm

Probably not news to the pros here, but I found that a handy way to transport your lightweight light stands and rolls of window gel is with a baseball or softball fence bag.

These are designed to hang off the chain link of a backstop at the baseball diamond, and hold a selection of bats. It rolls up into a duffle-bag shape for carrying.

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
Re: Cheap and easy lighting stand bags
on Apr 18, 2014 at 3:59:34 pm

Awesome; that's right up there with going to the Hunting & Fishing supply store to buy an (audio) boom holder (fishing pole holder) for $20 instead of $89.99

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Apr 18, 2014 at 4:07:35 pm

Very cool, Mark.

Not sure they would hold actual light stands (at least not ones of any size), but they would be perfect for shorty C-stand risers.

I too used a fishing pole thing as a mic boom holder for years... although I did eventually bite the bullet and buy a "real" one. I think that's one of those things where a real one is definitely worth the money if you use it much. But the fishing pole holder works fine for occasional use.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 18, 2014 at 5:00:32 pm

Well, it's sized right for the Lowel stands and folding tripod mic stands I got. Eventually I'll post a picture.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Apr 26, 2014 at 11:17:03 pm

I'm in the market for a couple of the boom holders - what model did you buy?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Apr 26, 2014 at 11:22:41 pm

If you mean the "real" holders, these are the ones we use...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/885688-REG/Auray_BPH_BOOM_POLE.html

Before we started using those, we on occasion used one of the bent-wire fishing pole holders from Kmart. They work ok, but the real thing is worth the price difference, in my opinion.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Apr 26, 2014 at 11:42:46 pm

Thanks that's what I had in mind. I thought we were talking 60-$70 bucks. We have a shoot coming up where the talent is in a fixed positions but the shot will be continuous for close to an hour.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Apr 26, 2014 at 11:44:54 pm

Another company does make one for about $60... but frankly the cheaper one works much better. The more expensive one doesn't have a stem you put in the grip head.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]