FORUMS: list search recent posts

Studio Lighting - placing Talent outside

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason leue
Studio Lighting - placing Talent outside
on Jan 17, 2014 at 10:59:49 pm

Currently we have been shooting our talent outside. But I'd like to try shooting the talent inside but make it look like they are outside.

We'd like to have very scenic locations.

How would you suggest I do this?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Studio Lighting - placing Talent outside
on Jan 18, 2014 at 5:24:37 pm

Shooting against a green screen would allow you to place your talent in front of any scene you like. The key to doing this believably is matching the light on your talent to the light in the background scene. If you search the COW for "green screen" you'll learn many approaches to shooting this way.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

jason leue
on Jan 20, 2014 at 12:53:33 am

What do you think of the idea of using similar technique that Gravity the movie used with there light box?

I could take existing footage and images of location and light to talent with the images so that they would appear to be in that location?

Have you seen A set up like this?

Thank you

takes 10,000 hours to master something

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Jan 20, 2014 at 2:48:45 am

The Gravity rig was used to light talent, and give visual references for performance. It did not visually put Sandra Bullock in the scenes... that was completely different compositing work.

It was however a very neat rig.

And at probably well over a million dollars, it ought to be.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

jason leue
on Jan 20, 2014 at 4:59:39 am
Last Edited By jason leue on Jan 20, 2014 at 5:00:16 am

My idea is to Capture background video as well as spherical HDR images, similar to spherical HDR images you would Capture too integrate CG into live-action, but instead use this lighting information to showing through LED televisions (like the lightbox in gravity but grass roots style) that will light the talent to help integrate the talent into the composited background.

So I would use A green screen set up and A bunch of LED televisions for my studio set up.

To that makes sense?

To you think it would work?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]