FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to convert a 2011 Chevy Suburban into a production grip vehicle

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Hands
How to convert a 2011 Chevy Suburban into a production grip vehicle
on Dec 11, 2013 at 3:56:23 pm

Hello - I work for a company that has given me a vehicle in which to transport film gear in - a 2011 Chevy Suburban. I didn't have any say in that matter, and so I am trying to work with what I got. I am looking into possibly trying to modify it with racks and shelving for my basic gear: 4 C-stands, Arri combo kit, camera, tripod, stingers, sandbags and a few tubs of expendables, clamps, etc. - nothing extensive. Currently I schlep the gear back and forth from the office to the vehicle for every shoot. It's wound down for the winter but before spring rolls around, the goal is to have them in the vehicle permanently, sans the camera, which will still be in the office and I will just schlep that back and forth. When working as a producer in L.A., our camera guy had a suburban and had some homemade shelving that were screwed and bungee-tied in if I remember correctly. It worked but I was wondering what other possibilities were out there or any pointers/advice…?

Trevor Hands

"Anything that can possibly go wrong, does." -- Murphy's Law

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How to convert a 2011 Chevy Suburban into a production grip vehicle
on Dec 11, 2013 at 8:21:31 pm

if you pull the back 2 rows of seats, the seat rails would make a dandy hardpoint to attach a frame to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]