FORUMS: list search recent posts

4', 2' and 4 Bank or 2 Bank for small room green screen setup

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Caruana
4', 2' and 4 Bank or 2 Bank for small room green screen setup
on Sep 3, 2013 at 11:50:24 pm

Looking at options from coollights.biz, flolight, and kino flo.

The studio is small -- 10' wide x 16' deep (I know, not ideal for green screen, but it's what I have to work with until I can get a bigger space). Will be doing corporate training and product sales videos, one person, waist up -- maybe two people talking heads, but rare.

The usable green screen wall will be 8 x 8. For a screen this size, would you use 2 bank or 4 bank flo's and 2' or 4'?

I was also going to use the same lighting all around -- banks on both sides of the green screen, a 2' 2 bank for backlight/separation, 2' 2 bank for fill, and 2' 4bank for key. Would this work or would you recommend a different configuration?

The LED FloCyc looks pretty neat since it would work close to the screen, but not available for another two months. On that note, anyone ever use a cyc for a green screen wall? I've look at one or two demo videos and hot spotting seems to appear.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: 4', 2' and 4 Bank or 2 Bank for small room green screen setup
on Sep 16, 2013 at 1:19:33 pm

Also checkout ALZO Quad PAN-L-LITEs. We typically use one 2-foot unit from each side of a small green screen. You can supplement that with a middle unit on the ground. We can get a good flat line on the waveform with just the 2. These are terrific lights. Each has 2 dimmers each controlling 2 globes. We often have 2 incandescent globes on 1 dimmer and daylight on the other. Lots of flexibility that way. We've owned our first pair for nearly 3 years (recently bought 2 more quads and a twin) and they've held up brilliantly. A local rental house uses them, too, with no maintenance issues. They are well-built and 1/2 the price of Kinos.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]