FORUMS: list search recent posts

Specs for Genaray SpectroLED-14

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Wise
Specs for Genaray SpectroLED-14
on Aug 5, 2013 at 4:56:02 pm

I have hunted all over without success to find any lighting specs for the round Genaray SpectroLED-14 and the smaller -9 version. I did find a reviewer who commented on the clean daylight with no green or magenta. Perhaps someone on this forum has one of these, along with a light meter, and can give us the Lux or foot-candles for light intensity at 3 feet, 6 feet, and 10 feet.

B&H lists the -14 model here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/850293-REG/Genaray_SP_AD75_Spectroled...

Rick Wise
Cinematographer
San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.RickWiseDP.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Specs for Genaray SpectroLED-14
on Aug 5, 2013 at 5:07:37 pm

I think they are pretty neat. Rick should really purchase one and run those tests for the benefit of the group.

Some quick pros and cons... I really love the built-in umbrella port, it looks to stick right through the center of the instrument... nice.

On the downside, I'm not sure there is an easy/convenient way to attach a battery plate... I'd prefer to have the battery attached to the head rather than running to an external battery. I'm on a mission to get all extension cords, power cables, and stingers out of my life. I haven't been totally successful with that, but am doing pretty well actually.

The DC power port on the back is a little funky... it's not a standard 4-pin XLR 12v DC, it's some kind of 2-pin connector. Not a big deal, but I like when everything is interchangeable.

We're waiting, Rick....

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Rick Wise
on Aug 5, 2013 at 5:14:23 pm

Todd, as soon as I can justify spending $500 I'll do just that.

Rick

Rick Wise
Cinematographer
San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.RickWiseDP.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 5, 2013 at 6:17:07 pm

You have to spend money to make money..... :)

Though I'd rather do it with "OPM," as they say in the movie business (Other People's Money)...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Sep 13, 2013 at 6:02:00 pm

[Rick Wise] "the Lux or foot-candles for light intensity at 3 feet, 6 feet, and 10 feet. "

Acc. to the specifications tab on the BH website: 6,800 Lux @ 3.3' (1.0 m). No other distances were given.

Customer reviews mentioned noise when dimmed, but these still look like very interesting fixtures.

Thanks!

Bob C

Return to posts index

Sam Comer
on Mar 4, 2014 at 7:33:33 pm

Definitely noisy when dimmed part way. Either full power or all the way down and you're fine - Anywhere in between and I can pick up a high-pitched whine in a lavaliere mic from about 5 feet away.

T

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]