FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green screen Cyc Lighting Options?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Saunders
Green screen Cyc Lighting Options?
on Apr 9, 2013 at 4:18:01 pm

Hello all,

I'm looking for the advice of some pro's with greenscreen build/studio experience.

I am building a small/medium sized greenscreen cyc studio (about 25' w x 40' long x 14' high) and want to know about a few things. The ceiling height is 12-14ft, with some parts about 18' high. I'm looking to do this on a budget (around $6000-10000 for lights) as I dont want to throw a tonne of money into but I definitely want to do it right, and properly as it is very important.

I want to light the screen evenly from above. I'm thinking of going with something like these guys below

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/387793-REG/DeSisti_4650_210_Cyc_De_Lu...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/387804-REG/DeSisti_4660_220_Cyc_De_Lu...

Will these give me nice even lighting, if spaced apart at the right distance and about 11-12' high? Is there a better option than these guys? I have been told that these guys are better because they have asymmetric reflectors.I know a tungsten bulb version may be cheaper, but I am a bit worried about heat and power cost running long days consistently.

Any help from someone with experience in this area would be very greatly appreciated. Also, if you see anything at NAB new that would be good to know too, wish I was there :)

Thanks and have a great day.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: Green screen Cyc Lighting Options?
on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:44:28 am

Ryan, I like your thinking about heat and power consumption. I haven't done any calculation, and I don't know these fixtures, but I'd be surprised if using two four-banks would give you the coverage you want. If you are planning to light the entire wall, you might want to look into using (at a guess) four space lights. To save energy, you could use just the two central lights when you don't need the whole 40 foot width.

But I am not a lighting director, and there are several who frequent this forum. Where are you guys?

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]