FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anybody need a 4K DeSisti HMI?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
Anybody need a 4K DeSisti HMI?
on Mar 4, 2013 at 6:09:57 pm

I don't know the seller, but this 4K DeSisti HMI with ballast, bulb and stand keeps popping up on Seattle Craigslist for $4k. Seems like a good deal. I wish I needed it!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pho/3654101680.html

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Anybody need a 4K DeSisti HMI?
on Mar 4, 2013 at 6:39:22 pm

Yeah, a nice instrument and not a bad price.

Problem with a 4K though is powering it... most places you need to get an electician to tap right into the mains, or use a genny.

Nice setup though.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Mar 4, 2013 at 7:13:44 pm

Aaaah, that's probably why they've had trouble selling it. So, is a 1200W the biggest you can plug into household current?

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Mar 4, 2013 at 7:18:21 pm

HI Jason,

The biggest HMI's that you can plug into a normal household circuit is the Arri 1800w unit which can be configured as a PAR with lenses or ARRIMAX with special open faced reflector. K5600 also makes 1600w units in either their BIG (Barebulb) or Fresnel (Black Jack) configtations and are more readily kit packed for travel. Both brands are excellent lights!

JS

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Mar 4, 2013 at 7:56:56 pm

John's right, as usual... and then you still want to make sure you have nothing else on that circuit.

We've tripped breakers in plenty of locations where we should have been okay and were told there was no other load on that circuit. Bad information, of course.

I keep dreaming of a device, which apparently doesn't exist (maybe I've invented it in my head, and could be a future millionaire). The gadget I'd love would be a little plug-in device, something that looks about like one of those ground-fault testers...just a little block with plug prongs on it. You'd plug it in, and the device would tell you with some kind of readout how much of a load was already on that circuit. That would be super handy, at least for me. I've mentioned it to a couple of EE types, and they always went "Hmmmmm.... interesting," but not really knowing any way to make that happen.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]