FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chromakey Studio Lighting Setup

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Zammit
Chromakey Studio Lighting Setup
on Jan 25, 2013 at 10:17:52 am

Hi

My company is looking to set up a small studio / sound stage and are concerned about the lighting setup required.

Just to give a bit of background this studio will mainly be used for online videos however must be versatile. We are not new to green screen work however don't have much experience working with Kinos in studio, and never for chromakey work.

Cameras being used on a daily basis will probably be the Canon XF 305 (also still being decided).

The lighting we were considering is as follows

4-6 4x4ft Kinos for the subject and set (lottery draw machines) and backdrop

and possibly backlighting the subject with some small Fresnels (ideally the litepanels Sola 4 as we already have 2 of these)

we can also suplement this lighting with various small tungsten lights 800w-1000w as we have a bunch of these lying around.

The final composite from what ive been told on this project would just be a branded background.

My question is would this lighting on these cameras be sufficient for a high quality key?

Also any advice would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Chromakey Studio Lighting Setup
on Jan 25, 2013 at 5:53:25 pm

Two suggestions:

Keep plenty of separation between the green and the machines nd the demo person operating them, you need to minimize reflected spill.

Second, if these lotto ball selecting machines have a lot of see-thru popcorn machine type construction, your closeup shots might need to be framed at a higher angle so the glass and any refraction/ reflections don't mess with the keys. I am assuming the shots have to be live.

Return to posts index

Roger Zammit
Re: Chromakey Studio Lighting Setup
on Jan 25, 2013 at 6:11:38 pm

No this is not live but On a fast turn around. My main question is whether the kinos would work well for this or is it better to use tungsten

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]