FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lighting.. How Did They Do This??

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Tulp
Lighting.. How Did They Do This??
on Jan 8, 2013 at 11:57:03 pm

I was wondering how they did the whole prism rainbow shadow sort-of look..

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Lighting.. How Did They Do This??
on Jan 9, 2013 at 12:23:30 am

Thats's easy enough.. just multiple lighting instruments on the subject (usually three of them in most shots)' each gelled a different color.

That wide shot about two-thirds of the way in shows the instruments, their positioning, height, gelling, and spacing.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jan 9, 2013 at 7:13:31 pm

One note, it's virtually impossible to pull something like this off without high qualitiy on-set monitoring.

I suspect if any of us had been on the set when they shot this, we wouldn't have seen anything that looked much like the final ad as the cameras sensors recorded it.

In other words, cameras and eyes react to light very differently - so if you're making video - you need to monitor what the SIGNAL looks like, not what reality looks like.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

HeathCliff Rothman
on Jan 9, 2013 at 8:26:07 pm

Just want to say, in general, I think you're a pretty awesome guy, Bill. Very impressed with who you are as a human being. - HeathCliff

Return to posts index

Garrett Unglaub
on Jan 15, 2013 at 7:03:15 pm

It could be done really easily in after effects if you shot on a green screen too. Just color and opacity the keyed subject and move it to the left.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]