FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lighting for fashion video?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nami Fernandez
Lighting for fashion video?
on Jan 5, 2013 at 5:37:44 am

Hello!

I am planning on doing a fashion video that will have the 2 lighting techniques in this video:

However, I am not sure how to obtain such a look in terms of lighting, especially the one with the white backdrop. Would any of you have a suggestion for these??

Thank you so much in advance!

Nami

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Lighting for fashion video?
on Jan 5, 2013 at 6:05:52 am

Here in the US, your video says "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

That's likely to limit your potential responses quite a bit.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Nami Fernandez
on Jan 5, 2013 at 5:01:45 pm

That's weird! It works in Canada.
Here it is from another source. The first 2 looks (first 10 seconds):

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jan 6, 2013 at 6:21:33 pm

The clips are so short it's hard to deconstruct the lighting plot. Clearly the black background stuff has a very strong key uncomfortably close to the talent. The high key scene has light from everywhere but a nice cast jawline shadow even though shes looking straight up.

The black background clip shows a good bit of lighting expertise. The white one even more. The rest of the 1 min I watched precisely none.

Looks to me like someone stole some pro clips from somewhere as an opening to stick in front of a bunch of home video.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 7, 2013 at 2:43:16 pm

As far as the white backdrop, what I do is, you light the white screen first, if that's what you are using. Then you light the talent separate from the background, with sufficient separation between the two.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]