FORUMS: list search recent posts

Not quite 5500k

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Allen
Not quite 5500k
on Nov 30, 2012 at 5:16:20 pm

I'll start by saying I'm not a Lighting Design but I've played one on TV (sets).

I have a Creative project with no budget and no help. I mean it's bad, not even an Arri kit to play with. What I'm left with is DIY stuff. I know if I'm working for free I can give them whatever but I'm only willing to let it come out bad to a certain point with my name on it.

Mostly everything is set indoors, residential during the day with diffuse sunlight coming from all over. There also are scenes outside that may need extra light to match cloudy sunlight. I would love to use 5500k instruments but that's not happening (5500k gels will be on smaller instruments). Doing some research I'm looking at making some (probably noisy as all get out), fluorescent tube instruments. What I've come to is the Bulb itself. I've found some consumer bulbs that intrigued me.Their CRI is 90 but they're set to 5000K. They cost about $4 a piece.

My question is: I'm use to using 5500k or 6500k as sunlight what would do you think the potential result of mixing daylight with 5000k? What about the 5000k DIY kinos with 5500k spots?

I know this is the project to avoid for most of you. I just thought it be an interesting color temp discussion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]