FORUMS: list search recent posts

Really cheap lighting for video?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nathan williams
Really cheap lighting for video?
on Oct 16, 2012 at 7:47:51 am

Hey guys, i am looking for some really cheap lighting for video. I am on a really tight budget and cannot afford much. I live in australia by the way. I was looking at clamp lights but cannot find any with australian powerpoint plugs (dont know what else to call them). If anyone could share some ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Not too worried about colour temperature. Something with replacable bulbs would be good to.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Really cheap lighting for video?
on Oct 16, 2012 at 2:13:52 pm

I'm pretty sure electricity works the same way in Oz: cut off the offending plug and attach an aftermarket one sourced locally from your hardware store. Probably doesn't even need soldering, just a screwdriver. For flo lights using a ballast, first make sure of the power specs.

Return to posts index

Corbin Gross
Re: Really cheap lighting for video?
on Oct 24, 2012 at 10:32:17 pm

I use plain old halogen shop lights all the time. I have 2 2x500w and 2 2x1000w light stand style. Probably $120 investment total. And they all came with an extra bulb in the handle.

You can bounce them off of a piece of $4 foam core or off of a wall to change the shape. You can get black foam core to flag off light in your scene or block light from the lens.

If they have Craigs List in Au than you can probably get your shop lights for a heckufa lot cheaper than $100.

If you're shooting inside than you don't even need to worry about color. Just white balance and you're good. Halogen is pretty close to tungsten, but a little warmer.

Corbin Gross | SANMAR
Photographer/Videographer | Marketing
22833 SE Black Nugget Road | Issaquah, WA 98029
206.727.5501 x5237
http://www.sanmar.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]