FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lighting a Night Parade

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Zapotocky
Lighting a Night Parade
on Oct 4, 2012 at 3:33:14 pm

Hello All,

We record a Halloween parade every year that occurs at night. Our old lights from PLS lighting company (which don't exist anymore) are on their way out.

Does anyone know of a company that has lights for outdoors at night?

We light up about 1 block and mount them on the upper parts of the street lights and PVC pipes.

Thanks!
Larry

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: Lighting a Night Parade
on Oct 4, 2012 at 3:50:47 pm

HI Larry,

Where are you at? Presumably you'd want a vendor nearby!

JS

Return to posts index

Larry Zapotocky
on Oct 4, 2012 at 5:56:32 pm

Hi John,

I'm in Central Pennsylvania. In the past the local businesses let us use their power. Each lighting bank had a max of 2100 watts which worked fine on separate 20 amp breakers. We light the block with 6 banks of these lights.

When you say vendor do you mean a lighting vendor?

Thanks,
Larry

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Oct 4, 2012 at 6:19:27 pm

Yes, a lighting vendor would be a company that could do everything, including providing the units, crew, install, trucking, etc. to as little as just renting you the lights you need.

I'm in Los Angeles, and could do the job if you wee here, but considering your proximity ti NYC, there's many vendors there that could accommodate you, not the least of which is PRG which is a gigantic lighting company with offices all over the world. I often also use Mandy.com to find local crews and facilities in remote locations like yours, and it's often useful to find and build those types of relationships especially as you're there too.

I used to light the Rose Bowl Parade for Good Morning America in Pasadena every year, until they decided it was too much money for the limited use, as it only showed live in the East Coast, because by air time the parade was beginning in the West Coast, and it was always a challenge and fun to light the big colorful floats, not to mention the Rose Queen herself!

JS

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
on Oct 5, 2012 at 2:19:13 am

Contact Craig Friedman (Craig Friedman Productions) in Scranton/Wilkes Barre @ (570) 430-5483, CraigFP@aol.com. He can supply all the gear you need (and crew if necessary). I use his company for all my lighting needs when working in northeastern to central Pennsylvania.

Dennis Size

Return to posts index

Larry Zapotocky
on Oct 8, 2012 at 1:14:24 pm

Thanks Dennis, I will!

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Oct 4, 2012 at 9:46:19 pm

Do a search for construction lighting. You can rent huge chimera-style softbox telescopic lights, I'm pretty sure you can get them withoutto a generator.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]