FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMI Rental in Northern New Jersey?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
HMI Rental in Northern New Jersey?
on Sep 14, 2012 at 7:25:20 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for rental of small to medium HMI kits in the Northern Jersey area? We'll be just a few miles from New York so that's certainly an option. What I really need is someone who will deliver and pick-up as part of the rental. Also, the shoot is in 60i video so the HMIs have to be flicker free, not the older film type.

Thanx for any input, guys.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: HMI Rental in Northern New Jersey?
on Sep 14, 2012 at 7:59:41 pm

Well this is probably not TOO helpful, but maybe a start...

The first one that came to mind was Kaye Lites. They are actually in MA, but travel around. I think they are kayelites.com. I know they provide grip trucks, so obviously they deliver.

Within NYC, there's Boylan Studios, which is one of the go-to rental houses in the city. I'm not sure if they'll do the delivery, but they have tons of HMIs (or at least they used to).

The last one I can think of is Barn Door Lighting... I think they are barndoorlighting.com or some variation of that. They are in CT but travel and have grip trucks.

Like anything else, there's probably tons of them in NYC, if ya know where to look.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
on Sep 16, 2012 at 10:05:20 pm

There are many excellent lighting rental choices in N.J.
Contact Phil Marsico in the Rental department of SHADOWSTONE Lighting in Clifton, NJ at (973)458-9550. They have an extensive HMI inventory, he can provide everything and anything you might need.
Dennis Size

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Sep 17, 2012 at 8:21:31 pm

Thanx, T2 and Dennis! That's exactly the kind of specifics I was looking for. Great help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]