FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feet on greenscreen

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde villegas
Feet on greenscreen
on Apr 2, 2012 at 12:02:18 am

In positioning talent for green screen, he is placed as far away from the green screen as possible. But his feet will always contact the green floor as he's standing on it. How do I remove the shadows on the floor created by his legs? How do I prevent spills to his legs created by the green floor? Thanks a lot!

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
Re: Feet on greenscreen
on Apr 2, 2012 at 6:02:29 am

Why would you want to remove the leg shadows? I go out of my way to get them...especially when doing virtual work. What do you think creates the illusion of reality and 3 dimensionality?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 2, 2012 at 2:48:13 pm

Hit the feet area with a softlight to kill the shadows,then mask the area and adjust the keying separate from the rest of the key. but I agree with Dennis, that the real shadows are very useful if you can key them cleanly. Less work than making fake shadows in post later.

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Apr 2, 2012 at 4:26:26 pm

Thanks for the advice. How about the spill on the legs, how are they removed? Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 2, 2012 at 9:48:27 pm

Usually your software has a matte choker or something that adds magenta to the green edges... these things are called by different names in every softwaer. You're going to ave to play with settings.

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Apr 2, 2012 at 10:32:56 pm

Thanks, Mark! But how about during the shoot, what should I do to prevent spilling on the legs?

Return to posts index

Ken Maxwell
on Apr 3, 2012 at 12:54:15 am

Light the floor from a different angle (direction) so as not to have a reflection glare bounce toward the legs.

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
on Apr 3, 2012 at 5:08:40 am

Wow...you're really fixated on that bounce light on the subjects legs. If you're getting THAT much bounce that your subjet is keying out you're using too much light on the greenscreen -- and from the wrong angle.
You could also try minus green gel in your talent lights and "shinbusters" at the edges of the set.
ALSO...REMEMBER THIS RULE: The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection ......it will be your best friend.

DS

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Apr 4, 2012 at 2:04:08 am

Thanks, Dennis. Does this mean that the floor need not be lighted with the same intensity as the wall? Will this pose a problem during keying in post?

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
on Apr 4, 2012 at 2:17:22 am

I suspect you're also lighting your upstage wall too bright.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]