FORUMS: list search recent posts

Light rentals

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
Light rentals
on Feb 17, 2012 at 10:52:37 pm

I am shooting an MMA fight in a month. I may need to bring some lights with me. They would need to be right up against the cage and probably have to be led so they don't heat up the fighters.

Does anyone know of a good rental place that I can get (3) LED lights and 10 ft high stands?

Something similar to this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/769804-REG/Dedolight_TP_LONI_BI30HO_F...

According to my research, B&H only does 2 yr. leasing, no rentals.

TIA

Sam

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: Light rentals
on Feb 18, 2012 at 10:34:56 pm

[Sam Lesante Jr.] "I am shooting an MMA fight in a month. I may need to bring some lights with me. "

[Sam Lesante Jr.] "Something similar to this
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/769804-REG/Dedolight_TP_LONI_BI30HO_F....."

What type of venue? Is this an actual match open to the public, or is this a set up just for filming? How big of an area? What color is the floor, background? What other house lights are going to be on? How much f-stop do you want, or how many ft candles do you need? What kind of shadows do you want? Do you want a lot of fall-off, or do you want to see the crowd?

Hard to say what is best, or what will even work without some specifics. But my initial reaction is that those LED light seem pretty small. I didn't see any specs on what they put out but at 24 watts consumption, it can't be much.
Is this some type of HS gym type small venue without lights? I've worked on a lot of sports including boxing in medium and large arenas and there's always sufficient arena lighting in place, not counting the tunnel and locker.
Maybe some big chinas, or pancakes might be better. Some 2k's (or bigger) hanging from the ceiling would probably be better too. Bigger lights, higher up and farther back, at a better angle would probably be better than the LED panels on top of the action.
On the stands, C-stands are going to be better if you want to raise them up 10'. Hanging from the ceiling would be even better.

[Sam Lesante Jr.] "Does anyone know of a good rental place that I can get (3) LED lights and 10 ft high stands?"

Where? There may be a rental, or grip outfit near your venue, instead of renting at your end and transporting.

[Sam Lesante Jr.] "They would need to be right up against the cage and probably have to be led so they don't heat up the fighters."
Seems like an odd requirement, never did any sports gigs where how hot the lights are going to be was an issue, or even brought up.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
Re: Light rentals
on Feb 18, 2012 at 11:57:16 pm

These are the wrong lights for the job.
Where are you shooting?
DS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]