FORUMS: list search recent posts

DC powered lights

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederick Rotkopf
DC powered lights
on Jan 4, 2012 at 10:23:12 pm

Has anyone yet come across an DC-powered LED fixture that could replace a Sachtler DC-powered 270W HMI as an outdoor fill light for medium shots of two people? All I have seen so far doesn't quite seem to be there in terms of output.
I'm looking forward to a fixture that can be run for longer off v-lock batteries without having the cost and weight of worn out 30v batteries and the tetchy nature of ballasts and HMi bulbs.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Fred

Return to posts index

Phil Contursi
Re: DC powered lights
on Feb 11, 2012 at 11:17:34 pm

Fred,

AAdyntech is coming out with an LED light more powerful than a 400W Joker that will run on DC. There is absolutely nothing like it ever before. Check out the website, on the lights they have now.
The Punch 5600 has already changed the way LED's are looked at.

This company is a sleeper, but has all the makings and engineering to be ahead of the pack. The website is weak, but look at the videos of the Punch 5600 (Mind Blowing) and real I have seen it with my own eyes.
Anyway, I know what is in the pipeline hit me at phil@productproductions if you like.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Feb 12, 2012 at 1:36:10 am

Holy CROW... if they really work as well as they appear to in the video, that's a true game-changer. Especially if the DC version has anywhere near that punch.

Phil I'm gonna send you an email off forum for details...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

verena riefenstahl
on Sep 5, 2012 at 12:01:52 am

holy cow what are you doing here, write to me direct at nofatc@hotmail.com, in need of an update, last time i saw you was in about 1975! Cheers Verena

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Sep 5, 2012 at 12:16:28 am

haha.... seriously????

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]