FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying fluorescent lights for green screen shoots.

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
Buying fluorescent lights for green screen shoots.
on Jan 4, 2012 at 6:06:23 pm

I've done a half dozen green screen shoots with tungsten lights. I've also keyed those in editing and understand the issues.

I want to total fluorescent with my new portable 9' x 18' green screen because of heat and power draw.

I will be shooting an on camera host with a single camera, although I will be using either a Canon 5D MKII or a Canon XF305.

I already own photoflex's DSLR kit which has a 500 watt equiv. fluorsecent light with softbox.

I'm concerned that if I light the talent with two 500 wat equiv fluorsecent light with softboxes there may not be enough light for the Canon XF305. with using the gain.

How can I tell if I have enough light without testing, which I cannot do at this time.

Any lower cost suggestions on lighting the screen with fluorescents?

Thanks

Larry

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Buying fluorescent lights for green screen shoots.
on Jan 5, 2012 at 8:34:13 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to light both the talent and greenscreen with the same two instruments? Do you have a light meter?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]