FORUMS: list search recent posts

Midi Controlled Lighting

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Klick
Midi Controlled Lighting
on Mar 15, 2011 at 2:03:24 pm

While you guys are on the subject of Midi/lighting sequencing I thought I'd throw a question out there. i am looking for a product that will allow me to trigger or turn on a light fixture with an audio clip... sounds simple enough... The catch is I need three separate zones that need to work at the same time with different lighting triggers and audio clips. I'll try to explain it better...
We have 3 separate display areas that we display old tools and machinary. Each area has 5 tools that we have audio clips of (basically what the machine actually sounded like when used).Each of the 5 tools in each area will have its own light fixture assigned to it. Our goal would be to play a 5 or 10 sec audio clip of say the "Logging Saw" and while that clip is playing the light assigned to that tool would turn on. When that sound clip is done it would move on to the next audio clip and light fixture and basically continue in a loop. I think the catch is having all 3 areas working at the same time doing the same thing with different audio clips playing at the same time while using one source. Any help would be appreciated...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Midi Controlled Lighting
on Mar 15, 2011 at 10:04:06 pm

Ask the Live / Stage forum guys because they mix MIDI with DMX all the time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]