FORUMS: list search recent posts

Litepanel or Sony HVL-LBPA ?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david rodriguez
Litepanel or Sony HVL-LBPA ?
on Mar 9, 2011 at 2:35:58 pm

Hello,

I am trying to decide whether I should buy a light for my sony hvr-v11 from the Litepanel company, in concrete the Litepanel MicroPro or the Sony HVL-LBPA which is the one Sony sells for that camera,..
The Sony is much more expensive but I do not know is there is such a big quality difference or you just pay because it is Sony.
The reviews of the LItepanel are quite good, but normally you end uop getting what you pay for,...
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

David Rodriguez

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
Re: Litepanel or Sony HVL-LBPA ?
on Mar 9, 2011 at 9:32:40 pm

You will likely be paying a lot for the Sony name. I just bought an LCD4Video model HDV-Z96 which is only $200.00, puts out more light than the Lightpanels unit and has a better filter attachment system. None of these lights are really very good out past 6 - 10 feet. If you want some good throw more like a traditional quartz fixture you might want to look at the new Lightpanels Sola ENG. I think that's also my next move.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com
http://www.rgbmediaservices.com

Return to posts index

david rodriguez
on Mar 9, 2011 at 10:19:32 pm

Hello Joel,

Thanks for your reply. I have reviewed both options. The problem with the first one is that i cannot find a dealer in Europe, it seems they only sell in the US. I have contacted them asking if they ship to Spain. The second option is available in Spain but i think that the SOLA needs a 10-20VDC power connection and i think my sony HVR-V1 does not have that connection, i need to find out if my camera allows me to do that.
So far what i had seen was from LItePanel but it was the LIte Micro Pro.
But it is clear to me that i need to focus on these options and forget about the sony model.

Saludos,

David

Return to posts index

david rodriguez
on Mar 9, 2011 at 11:25:27 pm

Hello Joel,

Just got a reply from the LCD4Video sales team. They do ship to Europe so I will order the same model you have because my camera does not work with the SOLA model.

Thanks again for your advice ยก

Kind Regards

David

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Mar 10, 2011 at 4:29:25 pm

Good luck David. For the future you might want to keep track of the Sola ENG. I heard they are coming out with a new version with interchangeable power cords so you won't be stuck with the power tap connector or forced to make a warranty killing modification.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com
http://www.rgbmediaservices.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]