FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to light this look...

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
How to light this look...
on Nov 2, 2010 at 4:50:54 pm

Based on the example I am providing? Do you have any suggestions on how I can achieve a similar look that is in this video with the blue and green "Black light" kind of look. I want to know what kind of lights do you think was used and what is causing the light patterns on the wall and on the faces of the dancers? I want to create a look similar to this video for a small project I am working on. I was thinking of placing several black light bars across the floor but would need other gelled lights to achieve the overall look.

Thanks

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How to light this look...
on Nov 2, 2010 at 8:19:35 pm

I think some of this can be done in post by applying a tri-tone filter; Boris used to have a great one.
Some of it you can do on-set with just heavily-gelled lights and some planning in what the folks wear. If you wear light colors, or whites, they take on the shade of whatever the gelled lights throw. Going to UV is going to cost you to do well; the special pigments are expensive in bulk and UV illuminators with the power you need to really "pop" colors are not cheap either, plus, they raise safety concerns regarding potential eye damage if misused... Though to get white to glow, just use a washing detergent with a lot of phosphorus in it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]