FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lighting for Music Videos

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Lighting for Music Videos
on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:50:22 am

I would love to have access to information or lighting diagrams of various setups for music videos. I watch a lot of videos and try to figure out what was used or I go on youtube and watch behind the scenes videos from various shoots but in those videos, nobody talks about what was used and why they chose to go with those lights unless they were trying to set a mood with lighting then they usually will say something.

I am shooting a hip hop music video next month. This forum has been a great help so far.

Some of the lighting setups in some of the hip hop videos are pretty cool too. Director Hype Williams used to use certain techniques where his lighting guy would make a wall of lights. At first I thought that was just a chroma key effect until I saw a BTS video showing how he made and rigged the wall. It's things like that is what I am looking for. Should I just continue searching youtube for these kinds of videos or is there somewhere else online that I can find info or watch BTS videos? There used to be a website geared towards the production of Music Videos and was much of what I am looking for but I am guessing it has been taking down since I haven't seen it in a while.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]