FORUMS: list search recent posts

LED as HMI Replacement

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Skinner
LED as HMI Replacement
on Oct 16, 2010 at 5:44:32 pm

Hello forum members,

Knowing that LED's are not yet up to the task of fully replacing even smaller (200-400 watt) HMI's in my normal lighting kit, I still find my self looking for the best of what is available.

So if anyone has first hand experience with some of the newer brighter LED instruments, and would like to share, I would be most grateful.

At NAB last year the Nila LED lighting kinda caught my eye....

For some background I am looking to add to my international travel light kit and like the low power draw and the ability to use batteries. I use mostly daylight color temps...

Thank you in advance,

Bill Skinner
On assignment - Afghanistan

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
Re: LED as HMI Replacement
on Oct 18, 2010 at 12:30:58 am

The Nila is definitely an excellent instrument ...but VERRRYY expensive.
Lately I've started drifting away from my LED instrument of choice the last few years -- Lite-Panels (which I've used a few hundred of since they came onto the scene)-- and have been successfully using the Color Kinetics eWhite and iWhite instruments. I just used 100 iWhites on a studio I designed in D.C., but wish I used eWhites -- which I've used very successfully on 2 new studios for CBS radio (go figure)... and am using on a studio project in the Sudan.
Although I haven't used them on an install yet, I'm very impressed by the new ARRI "locastor" and "broadcastor" LED fixtures. Check them out.

DS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]