FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cyc Wall Lighting

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Scott
Cyc Wall Lighting
on May 4, 2010 at 7:32:18 pm

I have just constructed a 16ft wide x 12ft tall straight cyc wall (No corner). It is painted chroma key green so I can do effect work. My question is how do I light it effectively?

I looked into Cyc lights, but they seem a little pricey. Would Keno Flo's, or something along those lines work? If so how many would I need? I have an ok size budget, but don't want to waste my money on something that doesn't work.

Was also toying with a few soft boxes.

Help Please!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Cyc Wall Lighting
on May 4, 2010 at 9:38:08 pm

I light my green walls with Lowel Rifalight softlights, and I like them very much. For a fixed installation, you could also do very well with banks of long fluorescent tubes, perhaps with slight diffusion on them. And they need not be Kino brand tubes if you can't afford them, long as they don't shine on anything but the green wall. The foos will run cool, savign electricity and HVAC costs over time, and the tubes should last a VERY long time.

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
on May 5, 2010 at 12:43:16 am

Ryan..... Is today the first time you ever checked out this FORUM?

DS

Return to posts index

Ryan Scott
on May 5, 2010 at 1:00:47 pm

Dennis,

It is the first time I have check out this forum. Do you have a suggestion of somewhere else I should've asked this question?

Sorry if I'm not in the right place.

-Ryan

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on May 5, 2010 at 2:19:46 pm

Ryan... it's not at all the wrong forum, you came to the right place.

It's just that the subject of cyc and greenscreen lighting has almost been beaten to death (and back) here in this forum... the same questions (and answers) just keep coming up over and over again.

We all here are glad to help... I think sometimes it just becomes a little bit tedious when questions that have already been discussed at length a million times keep popping up as if they were brand new.

Take some time... go through the past posts of a year or two... and use the COW's very good search functions. I think you will find a lot of info that will help your situation. You'll probably still have some additional questions, and that's fine... but you'll be a little more educated about what you need and will come from a starting point where new info will be a lot more helpful.

The people on this forum will be happy to assist...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]