FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera mount LED lights

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Servetz
Camera mount LED lights
on Feb 13, 2010 at 9:20:48 pm

Just wondering if anyone has purchased and/or has an opinion to share about the following: Ikan ILED 150, Lowel Blender, Lightpanels Micro-Pro, other similar camera-mounted LED lights. I've been using the Lowel Pro-Light on my cameras for many years and I'm looking at moving away from the old inefficient hot lights w/battery packs/belts to one of the emerging LED products. Mainly for run & gun interview and event shooting. Opinions please.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
Re: Camera mount LED lights
on Feb 15, 2010 at 4:34:24 am

My preference is always the LED Mini-Lite Panel.
I've installed dozens so far for many clients -- and with great success.

DS

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Feb 15, 2010 at 3:25:55 pm

Thanks Dennis. I assume you mean the Lightpanels Mini. Can you elaborate a bit on why?

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
on Feb 15, 2010 at 8:03:16 pm

Actually I believe they call it the Lite Panel MiniPlus.
Over the years I've used many small fixtures for close up camera "fill" and eye light purposes. With the current state of technology (not to mention everyone's concern about being green) I've found this fixture to provide the best bang for the buck in terms of efficiency, portability, and options. I must admit, however, I have not yet tried the new Lite Panel Micro.
Note, that does not mean there might not be something new in a year that will change my mind.

DS

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Feb 15, 2010 at 8:23:46 pm

Thanks Dennis. You'd be disappointed by the Lightpanels micro, I am. Cheap feel, not much light over a useful range. The Micro-Pro is supposed to be much better, but I'm waiting for others to chime in with opinions.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Feb 16, 2010 at 6:28:39 pm

Yeah, the Litepanels Micro is slightly better than no light, but not much. If money were no object, I'd go for the Zylight.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Feb 26, 2010 at 7:00:59 am

Guys

What do you think of "Frezzolini FRMRFIC4XK1 35-watt Dimmer Micro-Fill"
or Anton Bauer's ElightZ. I have never used the later one & it might just be a very weak light.

I need one for weddings & Litepanel's Micro is just not good enough for the low light conditions i shoot in.

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]