FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dulling spray

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stan welks
Dulling spray
on Dec 17, 2009 at 11:49:37 pm

My set is going to have some aluminum in it and I want to dull it a bit.

Can anyone recommend a specific type of dulling spray to use? Any other tricks for reducing some of the glare/shine?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Dulling spray
on Dec 18, 2009 at 6:09:30 am

Can the dulling be permanent? If so, easy breezy... pick up an ordinary can of Krylon "Matte Finish/1311"... you should find it with the spray paints in the paint department of any bigger hardware store, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Sprays on easy, dries within a minute or two.

If you don't want it to be permanent, go to any bigger photo supply store and you'll find the dulling spray that you can wipe off after the shoot.

You could also sand or buff the aluminum (I'd suggest starting with steel wool) to permanently knock off some of the glare.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 18, 2009 at 3:23:52 pm

Another removeable dulling spray that is easy to get, also works on skin is spray-on "dry" powdered anti-perspirant. Being water based, a damp paper towel will take it off, but it can also take the shine off a bald head as well as metal pipes.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Dec 18, 2009 at 4:47:35 pm

[Mark Suszko] "works on skin is spray-on "dry" powdered anti-perspirant."

COOL, Mark.... good tip. We all have to deal with shiny heads now and then.

Real lacquer hairspray (like original "White Rain") also works for that, but it's terrible for the skin as it basically seals in pores (used on faces in the theatre a lot to keep people from sweating... I've been the victim of that many times myself).

Will definitely put some powdered antiperspirant in the makeup kit.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]