FORUMS: list search recent posts

Triolet, punch, and finger grease

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Triolet, punch, and finger grease
on Dec 5, 2009 at 3:59:02 am

If anyone here has used a Chimera Triolet I'd appreciate their opinions and experiences. Some specific questions:

1. Usefulness for anything but a lantern?

The "bare bulb" reflector-less design of the Triolet makes it seem like the ideal source for a Chimera lantern, but perhaps not so great for anything else. Anybody use the Triolet in a "normal" Chimera? Your observations?

2. Fingers and grease.

There seem to be three options for lamping the Triolet. I've only used the mogul-base lamps, which are quite large; and there is no shield for them, which makes them easy to touch accidentally when screwing them in or putting the Chimera together. I've long understood that if you touch the surface of a bulb and fail to clean it before powering it up, the grease left behind by your fingers may compromise the lamp. Is that as true for mogul-base lamps as it is for quartz lamps? If so, what's your technique for cleaning a lamp after you've brushed up against it? How thorough do you have to be, and what do you use?

3. Lamping.

I understand there is a "two-pin" lamping option. I assume that is a quartz lamp. It requires a shield, but that sounds like a good option to me, both to protect the bulb from fingers and to allow leaving the lamp in all the time. Anybody use it that way?

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]