FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wiring a small rig

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JaJuan Lowry
Wiring a small rig
on Aug 6, 2009 at 1:37:12 pm

Hello all,

I need to wire a small rig for a show in a couple of weeks and am wondering if there is a general rule of thumb for this. The rig will consist of (8) moving lights, (9) S4 pars and (9) ellipsoidals. I will probably be running 6 conductor SOCO to the rig and then break out from there(unless there is a better way.) My question is, should I put each moving light on it's own circuit? I would assume (2) S4 fixtures per circuit? Is this the best way, or should I put dimmer packs on top of the rig to tie in 6 fixtures at a time?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again!

JaJuan

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Wiring a small rig
on Aug 8, 2009 at 9:55:40 pm

How many lights you put per circuit depends on how much control you want, individual or group of lights from the lighting board, and of course, that also depends on how many amps per channel the dimmer will allow. I would recommend keeping the dimmer on the ground for quick access if something goes awry, even something as simple as a breaker going off.

Moving light are controlled independently so I don't think it matters how many you put on each circuit as long as you don't overload it, and of course, you wouldn't want to plug them into dimmers.

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]