FORUMS: list search recent posts

Instructional Lighting DVD- what is the best?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
Instructional Lighting DVD- what is the best?
on Jun 21, 2009 at 4:05:30 pm

Hey Guys,
I am a film student and I do not feel I have adequate experience or knowledge in lighting. i wanted to buy a DVD tutorial that could really start me from the ground level and work me up to a confident level in lighting. I was looking at Light On: Introduction to Lighting for FIlm and Video but before I bought it I thought I would get input from you guys. Any instructional DVDs for lighting that you guys know of that are solid?
thanks
jared

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
Re: Instructional Lighting DVD- what is the best?
on Jun 24, 2009 at 10:00:38 pm

JARED ....
I've been a lighting designer for over 30 years, and I still don't think I have the knowledge or experience for some of the projects I take on. The challenges and excitement brought by the limitations and variety of each new production is why we've chosen this crazy business called show!
If you search through all the FORUM posts you will find many suggestions for "education", but many people feel that the "hands-on" approach is far better for learning than the "research/reading/dvd" avenue.
That being said however, I would heartily recommend, THE POWER OF LIGHTING for FILM & VIDEO dvd series by Bill Holshevnikoff. Bill has not only been an International DP and Lighting Designer for several decades, but is also quite a respected educator.

Enjoy
Dennis Size

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]