FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this lighting green screen kit a good choice

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Remington Markham
Is this lighting green screen kit a good choice
on Apr 24, 2009 at 3:10:29 am

Hello, I am a student looking for a cheap and efficient green screen kit. I was just wondering if this one would be a good choice, if not what would be a good choice?
http://cgi.ebay.com/10x20-CHROMAKEY-GREEN-BACKDROP-SCREEN-800w-STUDIO-KIT_W...

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Christopher Targia
Re: Is this lighting green screen kit a good choice
on Apr 24, 2009 at 7:39:24 pm

That link does not work

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Is this lighting green screen kit a good choice
on Apr 27, 2009 at 5:16:35 pm

No linky, but my advice is, on a student budget, just go to the local fabric store, even the one in Walmart, and buy the green cloth that looks most like green screen examples you've seen, it will only be a few cents per yard. You will need to sew panels of the cloth together to get it wide and tall enough, so while there, buy some iron-on seaming material, ask the lady at the store to suggest the appropriate stuff. Apply tot he back using a hot iron and you won't need to sew, any bachelor can do it:-)

The key thing about the cloth you pick is it should not be shiny, more felt-like or at least matte in appearance. Cotton is the likely choice for your budget, but polyester can be stretched a bit to remove wrinkles easier.

The secret of any good chromakey is make the lighting EVEN. I use softboxes for mine, tell us what lighting gear you have and we'll tell you what else, if anything, you'll need.

One other thing; slightly bad chromakeys look worse along the edges (more obvious) in green than in blue. If you can control the use of blue in your talent's clothing, blue cloth might actually work better (slightly more acceptible) if your keying skills are shakey.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]