FORUMS: list search recent posts

LED lightbars

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles W. Southworth
LED lightbars
on Jan 16, 2009 at 7:05:19 pm

Mainly involved with smaller scale production video here.

A few weeks ago I was reading an Indi-movie mag and they mentioned several low cost floor based lighting boxes that someone had kludged together. basically a box, several bulbs, and a sheet of opaque white plastic.

This caused me to wonder if anyone knew of an LED floor light that can do white light (not bluewhite) that is already packaged

Would love a battery operated item as I'd like to just toss them down on the floor/ground around the subject. I have googled a bunch of LED lighting places but everything is either not quite right or a build it yourself site. (less than ideal but I suppose I could go all hammer and nails)

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: LED lightbars
on Jan 16, 2009 at 9:19:23 pm

I haven't used them (they are not out yet), but Richard at Coollights has some long-awaited LED fixtures coming out in a couple of weeks that are available in either 3200K or 5600K models, spot or flood. Can run off of AC or 12v DC, such as an AB brick battery. Cheap, too.

The last time I talked to him I believe he said he was shooting for roughly the same punch as a 600w tungsten instrument.

http://www.coollights.biz/clled600-panel-p-114.html

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Jan 20, 2009 at 6:24:54 pm

Hi all:

Here is a link to my first user report with Richard's new Coolights LED 600s. They are pretty impressive.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=147772&page=8

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
on Jan 17, 2009 at 2:01:09 pm

Charles,

I've been using one of the LED from Prompter People with reasonable results. Also,iW Blast TR - by Phillips is being used in some studios. I believe it is adjustable from 3200k to 6000k.

A light weight variable Kelvin instrument is of great interest to me. Hopefully we will see many versions at this years NAB.

As soon as I get more info, I will share it.

Cheers,

Jim

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
on Jan 19, 2009 at 7:37:54 am

I use LED 1' x 1' LITE PANELS and Mini-LITE PANELS quite extensively .....and with much success.

DS

Return to posts index

Dustin Richards
on Jan 21, 2009 at 6:54:36 pm

I use the TL-50 by Torchled which works very well. I put it on a mini tripod so I could put it anywhere on the floor. Its great cause of the 1/4 20 threads you can mount it anywhere, with a clamp, on top of camera etc. I bought it off amazon after I saw it in a review. It is Made well and has really bright output better than what I have used in the past. The battery that comes with the unit lasted me over 3 hours, and the accessories that come with it serve justice as well. Neat LED product.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]