FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need some beginner's help...

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelyn Webb
Need some beginner's help...
on Dec 28, 2008 at 5:00:06 am

Hi guys, I've got a question for you all. I'm pretty new to the lighting scene and the more I learn, the more I love it. I'm a theatre student at UT Knoxville and I'm learning a lot, but I want more. Does anyone know of workshops for lighting design or moving light boards or really anything of that nature? I've figure out our ETC console and would love something more challenging like moving lights.
This may be the wrong place to be asking this kind of thing but I can't find any answers anywhere. Any suggestions or ANYTHING would be soooo appreciated.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Need some beginner's help...
on Dec 28, 2008 at 4:52:55 pm

Hi Angelyn...

This forum is somewhat more geared to cinetogaphic lighting rather than theatrical, but I might have one suggestion.

You might get ahold of the folks at Theatrical Lighting Systems (tlsinc.com) and ask their advice. They are a gigantic theatrical lighting rental company, and while they don't offer courses or classes (that I know of), they might know of someplace that does.

Their home office is here in Huntsville Alabama, but they also have a Nasvhiille office. Since both are only a couple of hours from you, maybe they know of some resources in your area.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]