FORUMS: list search recent posts

long throw blacklights

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daron Dawson
long throw blacklights
on Aug 27, 2008 at 7:57:15 am

I need help finding a black-light or UV light that can be used outdoors to light an area about 70 ft away. The lights will be used for a fundraiser to help offset medical bill for pediatrics. I was once there and would like to try to help the others who are there now.
Funds will be raised through donations so inexpensive would be nice. Looking for something like the DJ UV cannon or Chauvet black shadow 400 (maybe these would work, I don’t know). Also my electrical experience consists of plugging a light in and turning it on.
Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: long throw blacklights
on Aug 27, 2008 at 1:25:25 pm

I'd contact a company that happens to be here in my hometown (Huntsville, Alabama), Theatrical Lighting Systems, Inc.

They are a gigantic stage/theatre/venue lighting company... and they provide lighting to theatres, concert halls, touring rock shows, all that kind of stuff. They have an extensive rental inventory and ship stuff all over the world every day.

It's worth yelling at them, if only for advice... or they may have exactly what you need.

Find them at http://tlsinc.com

You could call them and ask for "rentals" and speak to a guy named Shannon would could probably help you... but in your case I'd ask for David Millie (the company president) whom I'm sure would be glad to help.... very knowlegable, too, about what's out there. He's the top dog, but not an office jockey... not above driving a truck or hanging an instrument himself when needed, so he know's what he's doing.

Their website is a bit lame, but they really are quite a large and professional company. They are where I get my HMIs if I have a big shoot and need that one extra 1200w or Joker-Bug... although their specialty is definitely theatrical lighting, not film. Although in your particular case, that's a good thing.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]