FORUMS: list search recent posts

Celo Cookie "Cucoloris"

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Burleson
Celo Cookie "Cucoloris"
on Aug 5, 2008 at 8:08:22 pm

I was just on a shoot with a guy that was using cucoloris sheets that rolled up.
There were several patterns, large Dots, typical breakup pattern, branches, blinds, lines etc.....
I think they were about 18"x 24" and were great for a portable light kit.

Rosco has some 4X4 versions but those are too big for small spaces.
http://www.rosco.com/us/video/cookies.asp

Has anyone seen these or used these? The guy that was using them didn't know where his company had bought them. Does anyone here know?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Randy Burleson
Re: Celo Cookie "Cucoloris"
on Aug 5, 2008 at 8:35:42 pm

Hey guys,
I found them!

http://lightbreak.com/order.php
check 'em out.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 5, 2008 at 9:06:33 pm

Hi Randy....

We have made homemade versions of those using the printable sheet acetate that is used for making overhead projector transparencies (I wasn't aware anyone was still using overhead projectors, but they still sell the stuff in packs at the office supply store).

Just make your pattern (in Photoshop, or whatever), and print it out on the clear sheets. The sheets have a slight texture on one side, that's the side you use if you have an ink jet printer. The other (slick) side is for laser printers.

They seem to be fairly heat resistant, too. The downside is that you are only going to be making cookies that are fairly smallish.... 8 1/2" x 11". I guess you could create bigger patterns and print them on multiple sheets taped together... have yet to try that.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Randy Burleson
on Aug 5, 2008 at 10:10:55 pm

Wow...
I didn't think about this, but I bet our Graphics department can print these up easy. We have a huge banner size sign printer. and another printer that could take a 2ft x 100ft roll of acetate.

I could make tons of these easy!
Now I just need to see how much a roll of acetate and if this is cost effective, if I only need a dozen or so.

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
on Aug 6, 2008 at 12:03:20 am

I've even printed graphics on these acetates and used them in the gate of a Source 4 Leko (lamped at 375watts, of course) to sucessfully project "quick and dirty" gobos. As long as there aren't too many large expanses of black they won't melt that quickly, you can even get away without a fire if you keep the intensity down.

DS

Return to posts index

Robert Raey
on Dec 28, 2009 at 1:31:05 am

An associate of mine showed me those Rosco lighting breakups. They worked ok but got a bit too hot. I've been using my Shadowfoils kit and they let a lot more heat through the pattern. They're pretty simple but you can't beat them for portability.

Return to posts index

Neil Faith
on Feb 5, 2010 at 4:32:37 pm

Hi Randy

Just come across your question about cookies.

I make and sell the Kookikit to which you refer.
If you want more details please e-mail me at neilfaith@tiscali.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]