FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help light package

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastien Betsch
Help light package
on Jan 22, 2008 at 4:50:25 am

Hy,

I'm new at cinematography. I wanted some feedback on a light package that looks very affordable.

These guys have Fresnel light

300W $239
650W $269
1000W $319

Check them out at: http://www.imagewest.tv/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=65

Is this too cheap to be good?
I was thinking of getting one of each. Do you think I would be set with that to shoot short films or would you recommend me getting something else instead or in addition. Kino flo or other kind of light.

Thanks so much for your help guys.

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
Re: Help light package
on Jan 25, 2008 at 3:42:35 pm

Well...these fixtures you're considering are Arri knock-offs...and not much cheaper than the real deal. Lighting fixtures can easily last 10 years, but tend to lose parts rattling around in the back of a van -- so you want to go with a proven name, and Arri is a major player.

I easily found an Arri 650 fresnel on-line for $307 -- spread out over 10 years -- that's cheap.

Since you are new to the craft of lighting, it might be in your best interest to either rent some lights for a few shoots, or get involved with a local lighting professional. The three lights you've picked out here can't in any way hurt you, but there are so many other options out there.

Enjoy the journey.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]