FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two kits.. need some advice

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reggie Spires
Two kits.. need some advice
on Jan 6, 2008 at 9:01:06 pm

Ok lets keep this fairly simple

I am not that versed on the aquistion side of the business.. but I learn real quick... I have a little money to spend...

Camera's XH-A1

Will be shooting primairly footage for local commercials and green screen...

I have two lighting kits in mind ... I want the kit to be a multi purpose with a tilt to the green screen

Lowell DV Creator 55

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/6000-Watt-CONTINUOUS-DIGITAL-VIDEO-PHOTO-LIGHT-KIT-NEW_...

Or tell me something different

Thanks
Reggie

Return to posts index

Randall Raymond
Re: Two kits.. need some advice
on Jan 7, 2008 at 2:18:21 am

[Reggie Spires] "
I have two lighting kits in mind ... I want the kit to be a multi purpose with a tilt to the green screen"

I would go with the 6 light kit - be aware that you'll be pulling close to 70amps. If it's for a home-studio - you'll need a room wired on 6-7 breakers - so add that electrical work into the cost.

Return to posts index

Reggie Spires
on Jan 7, 2008 at 2:38:26 am

could you elaborate .. I have to have a ?amp breaker for each light

Return to posts index

Randall Raymond
on Jan 7, 2008 at 4:13:42 am

[Reggie Spires] "could you elaborate .. I have to have a ?amp breaker for each light"

15-20 amp breaker for each light. They show 11 amps for each. Lot of heat including the home wiring itself. You pretty much have to have each lamp on its own breaker. All I'm saying, is be prepared.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 9, 2008 at 10:49:31 pm

Wattage = Volts x Amps so even at 110 vs 120 vac you draw a little under 10 amps per instrument. This means you can probably put two instruments on each 20 amp circuit. However, check your breakers. Depending on the age of the place, breakers could be 15 amps, in which case you can only put one light on each breaker.

John

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.4.8 QT7.1.3
Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800
FCP Studio 5 (FCP5.1.2, DVDSP4.1.1, Comp2.3, STP1.1, Motion 2.1.2)
Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG15.BIN
ATTO UL4D driver 3.50
AJA IO driver 2.1 firmware v23-28
Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neuman U87s, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Reggie Spires
on Jan 10, 2008 at 4:28:04 am

It is a new house ...swap so If I just put 20amp breakers on a two plug receptical I can run two lights on each one...

Return to posts index

Rick Unland
on Jul 24, 2008 at 10:10:44 pm

Please be aware that you cannot just change the breakers to 20 AMPS. The lines in your house have to be rated for 20 not just 15. If there are 15 Amp breakers presently in place, than have an electrician check to see what the actual lines are rated for. Sticking 20Amp breakers on 15 Amp lines is a disaster waiting to happen, especially with the amount of current you will draw with a couple of those lights.

Good Luck

Rick

Sony VX2000, Beachtek DXA-4, Sennheiser K6/ME66, CamSling, Mini Rover, Canon WD58, CAVision Lens Hood, CobraCrane II , Steadicam Jr., Samson Wireless, Bogen Tripods & Heads, Adobe Premiere 6.0, Canopus Raptor RT, Pentium III 1 Gig, HP 200I DVD RW-R, and o

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]