FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lighting Exercise Videos

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Joal
Lighting Exercise Videos
on Dec 28, 2007 at 7:07:03 am

I am in need of some help! I am shooting exercise videos for a client and I am not sure exactly how to do it. I have shot green screen videos before but they were only OK. I really need to get the lighting perfect so that the keying doesn

Return to posts index

Leo Ticheli
Re: Lighting Exercise Videos
on Dec 28, 2007 at 3:14:21 pm

Detailed, rather lengthy, advice on these lighting setups has been posted on the Cow a few times, and they can help if you have the proper equipment and skills. You should be able to find them with a search.

I strongly recommend you simply hire a qualified Gaffer to do these jobs and learn all you can from him/her.

What you are attempting, chroma key and limbo studio, may sound easy; they are not. The slightest variation from optimum will yield unacceptable results, especially with lesser cameras.

Books and video instruction are helpful, but don't approach the value of hands-on learning with a skilled teacher.

Please don't reply that you can't afford to hire a Gaffer or buy/rent the proper equipment. If you can't do the job properly, you are doing both your client and our industry a disservice.

Money spent on instruction will be the best investment you ever made.

Good shooting!

Leo

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Lighting Exercise Videos
on Dec 29, 2007 at 2:30:55 pm

I'd ask if your client really has the budget for that look.

If you're unsure of the results you'd really need to do a test shoot. You can try whitewall vs green screen to see which works best. Both have their challenges when doing full body shots. Shadows will be the challenge. If you don't have the resources to do a test shoot then either expectations, budget, or personnel may need to change.

If the client has the budget to do this green screen then they have to include room for going 4:2:2 on acquisition.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]