FORUMS: list search recent posts

lighting an interview with two or three people

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruby Gold
lighting an interview with two or three people
on Dec 19, 2007 at 9:58:00 pm

Hi all. For all of the digital video productions I've shot, I've only used my basic Lowell kit and only lit single-subject interviews with pretty classic three or four-point lighting. I feel fairly confident within that set-up, the lighting has looked good, nice modeling, etc.

However, I now have some shoots coming up that will be interviews with two or three people and I'm totally clueless about how best to arrange and light them so that I'm not casting one person's shadows on another, etc.

I'm sure I'll have to rent other lights in order to make this work, but I'd greatly appreciate suggestions and/or useful links regarding simple/best ways to arrange and light two or three folks in an interview set-up.

Thanks to all for any help you can offer!

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
Re: lighting an interview with two or three people
on Dec 23, 2007 at 10:40:11 pm

A couple of medium Chimeras with 1K Arrilites should do. I usually do 3 people with a small box on one side and a medium on the other, it works great. If they are further apart, you may have to add another. It depends on how flat you want it to be, I personally like some shadows. Use what you have for back lighting. A Fresnel is also nice. BTW, are you lighting for the interviewer too? Is this for 2 cameras or 1?

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]